Followers

Thursday 11 April 2019

I'm back after a long break

Seth is coming home from respite today, officially now known as a 'residential short break'. Last night I was telling Craig how I missed him not being home, yet this morning I'm feeling the familiar dread of his return.

Seth is now 11 and my beautiful, full of laughter and wonderful character, son. He is also the growing child whose care needs are constant and whose moods can switch with no warning. I war with my dual emotions quite a lot!

I took a break from this blog initially because I found that I was feeling negative about everything and seemed to just be constantly moaning. Since then I've often found myself reflecting on experiences and writing a post in my head but didn't find the time to actually get in front of the keyboard with the 'headspace' to actually share it.

I've been told by people that they valued reading my blog posts because I was sharing feelings and experiences that many other parents have and they enjoyed seeing them shared 'out loud'. Others gained an insight into what it's like to be a parent of a disabled child. But mostly I'm blogging again because I've been suffering with depression and anxiety and I've now succumbed to anti-depressants. I need this blog to articulate how I'm feeling and get it off my chest. When I share how I'm feeling it lifts from my shoulders and makes it easier to keep standing upright - because being Seth's parent is a burden that Craig and I carry. However, it's also a joy and a privilege and I am so proud of him.


6 comments:

  1. Hello Jo - good to hear you are back. I see Seth still has his lovely curly hair! Love Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not alone Jo....always happy to meet up and have a good old moan about anything and everything x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig and jo good to hear you speak out

    ReplyDelete