Followers

Saturday, 19 February 2011

end of term 1

So anyway it was the last day of school and I had just finished giving Seth his breakfast. & he completely kicked off. He was in a complete rage and I didn't know why. I fought him into his coat and carried him rigid into the car. & then I put his school bag on his lap. His bag is his 'object of reference' for school and so every morning after he's strapped into his car seat I hold the bag on his lap and tell him 'here's your school bag because you're going to school'. I wait for him to look at it before I can carry on. So yesterday, despite his screams, I doggedly held his school bag on his lap and said the magic words. & he stopped shouting. Instantly. It was completely amazing. I was worried that the thrill of school had dimmed and he didn't want to go. But obviously not! I think he was simply tired (it's good we've got a week to rest a little) but despite this he still clearly was happy to be going.

Anyway this morning Seth was very happy playing on daddy. It was so cool I video'd it. It's rubbish quality cos its from my mobile but it's still fab. Plus it's on it's side and I can't work out how to rotate it so you might get a cricked neck watching it!!!
Later that afternoon we were driving and we had Metallica cd playing. Seth was properly moshing in his car seat and we video'd that too!. Enjoy.