Followers

Sunday 5 June 2011

Traumatic documentaries but lovely playgroups

I've been absent for a bit because I had an assignment to hand in at the end of May so spent all spare moments intensely working on that and then, once it was finished, needed a break from the old laptop!!!

My normally suppressed fears for Seth rose to the surface on Monday with the broadcast of the Panorama programme 'Undercover care - abuse exposed'. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about you can view it here. I actually haven't been able to bring myself to watch it all - I saw the beginning on iplayer and turned it off. In fact I don't even want to talk about it anymore. So instead I'm going to talk about the Stay and Play I went to on Wednesday, with Seth.

For those of you who are local it was held at Wallace Road Nursery and the woman who organised it, Cindy, works there and when it's closed during the holidays she organises these events for parents, kids with additional needs and their siblings. I heard about it from a friend and ended up going on my own so was a bit nervous but they were all lovely. Seth had a fab time and was so happy all day. The kids were all quite a bit older than Seth and Cindy is hoping to set up a regular under 5's group. The details of the 1st one is on Facebook. Seth will be at school but I'm planning to go anyway cos it will still be good to see people and have a chat.

2 comments:

  1. You are braver than me, I just couldn't watch it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw the advert and chose not too. This needs sorting out sharpish.
    Glad he enjoyed the group

    ReplyDelete