Followers

Saturday 2 March 2013

That's my duck

I've been reading Seth 'this is my duck' for a couple of years now; it's a touchy-feely book with a button to press at the end of each page for the duck to say 'quack, quack'.

Seth has enjoyed the book but has struggled to locate and press the button. Then I attended a speech and language coffee morning at Seth's school and they talked about using recordable buttons like the 'Big Mac' that we've got to record a repetitive element of a story or song so a non verbal child can participate.

So I recorded Craig saying 'quack quack' and offered Seth the large button when I got to that part of the story. And he got it straight away. That was a couple of weeks ago and it's now a great game. He'll press it with his hand or forearm consistently through most of the story until he laughs so much he distracts himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment