Followers

Friday 11 June 2010

Things I've discovered

This is an unconnected collection of things I've discovered (at least that I can remember right now):

Netmums website has a Special Needs area in their Advice & Support section. It has a directory of national organisations plus you can search within your town/postcode.

A really great book I bought is 'Small Steps Forward - Using games and activities to help pre-school child with special needs' by Sarah Newman. It goes through the various stages of development and, as the title suggests, gives games and activities for each. I've found it great to dip in and out of.

If you haven't had Speech & Language therapy for 6 months you are entitle to apply for a £500 voucher from the charity Cerebra. We applied because I hadn't found the community offering at all helpful. The voucher comes with a list of therapists in your area and I can't recommend Louise Bridgens enough. Although the voucher has been used up we have learnt communication tools that we can continue to use and Seth really enjoyed the sessions.

I was looking for recipes that would help to alleviate stress, insomnia and reduced energy levels and came across Good Mood Food which lists foods that are good for different conditions, and Food and Mental Health which has tasty looking recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment