Followers

Saturday 26 June 2010

This morning I woke up with a memory of Seth when he was a baby. I used to lie him on the sofa (there wasn't any risk that he would roll off) and dangle toys over him. I could never let him simply lie there, I always needed to try to stimulate him. But he never responded to them, never reached out to them and at the time I didn't understand why.

I'm not at all crafty so it's been a challenge but I wanted to create something that would help Seth understand his week. One idea I read about was to photo his activities and show them the correct one for each day. But we don't know how his sight works and if he would 'see' the pictures. I've done it anyway. and I've stuck them to card with the letter for each day of the week stenciled on it. I've then made each letter a different texture and colour. I'm going to stick them on his wall by his bed, in reach. and each morning I can show him the photo and let him feel the letter, for that day.

My mum bought Seth a present this week. It was a plaque to hang in his room. It says "the greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do". Its a great plaque. I've been carefully stencilling out letters and sticking different fabric to card and I have such ambition for these bits of card but I don't actually believe he'll ever look at the photos or reach out to feel those letters. I'm still doing it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment