Followers

Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Deep, dark holes

I've been in a deep, dark hole. Seth has been fine. He hasn't shown any further signs of fitting and we've got an eeg scheduled in a couple of weeks so we'll know a little more then. I also went to my sleep seminar up in Manchester which was interesting; I learnt a bit about the sleep cycle, why it's important to keep the bedroom dark and a good pre-sleep routine and that it would be a good idea for us to keep a sleep diary for Seth that we can show the epilepsy nurse when she contacts us. I also went to Nottingham for a day's course on deep tissue massage which was just brilliant.

& yet I found myself in the bleakest of mindsets for the last several days which thankfully I seemed to have crawled out of, at least for now. I just feel like an absolute failure - at work, at motherhood, at life in general! & if that sounds completely self pitying - it is!