Followers

Sunday 14 April 2013

Fundraising for ROSY

Next Saturday I'm doing a fundraising walk for ROSY which is a charity based in Oxfordshire providing respite nursing in the home for sick children, giving their parents a much needed break. The 30 mile walk will follow the Wychwood Way, which I've actually wanted to walk for a couple of years. I'm doing the walk with colleagues from work, Dan and Lowelle who are a wee bit fitter than me, for example, having completed the 3 peaks whilst I hadn't been to roller derby training since the summer and had to cancel my gym membership at Christmas! So I'm actually only doing half; walking until lunchtime which I am reliably informed will be just over the half way mark. So I'll still be doing about 16/17 miles.

I've been trying to train but it's a bit sporadic; last weekend I walked 7.5 miles and then last night I walked home from the pub, over 3 miles (that still counts, right?!).

So if you'd like to support our fundraising efforts, then please visit our just giving page and sponsor us.

Seth helps me train for my sponsored walk

No comments:

Post a Comment